Effective Date: January 14, 2022
It is our goal to be transparent about the use of your information so please read this Policy carefully to understand Our policies and practices. If you do not agree with Our policies and practices, your choice is not to use Our Website. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website after We make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information and We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you voluntarily provide to Us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website.
- From certain third parties, like technology partners and analytics providers
- Any inferences We may draw from or related to the forgoing information (collectively, “Personal Information”).
Please note, information, including Personal Information, provided, or collected through the Website will be through a third-party hosting service. We may also share information, including of Personal Information, with third-party data storage providers. Any disclosure of information, including Personal Information, will be made pursuant to contracts that require the recipient to keep Personal Information confidential, and prohibit the use of Personal Information for any purpose except performing the contract. We will not sell, rent, or exchange your Personal Information with unaffiliated entities or individuals without your express consent to such transfer.
The information We collect on or through Our Website may include:
- Information that you provided, for example, by filling out forms on the Website. This information may include, without limitation, your name, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other information by which you may be personally identified.
- Information that you provided, for example, by sharing your professional resume, which may include, in addition to the other items discussed in the above paragraph, your employment history, professional skills and related details.
- Information We or certain third parties may collect automatically as you navigate to or otherwise interact with the Website. This information may include, without limitation:
- Your IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, hash identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and internet service provider information.
- Information about your device and its internet connection, browsing activity, operating system, and browser type.
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic and usage data, geolocation data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information relating to your engagement with the content on the Website and other usage details.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection include, but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Google Analytics. We use “Google Analytics” to collect information about the usage of the Website. This service collects information about how often users visit the Website, what pages they visit and when they visit, as well as what other websites they used prior to landing on the Website, among other additional information. We use this information to improve of Website and related services.
To learn more about how Google uses information from websites or apps that use Google Analytics, you may visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
To learn more about Google’s privacy policies, you may visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
You may be able to opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Our Third-Party Partners
We work with certain third-party companies, including Intrado, which hosts and manages your interaction with Our content for investors and potential investors. When you navigate to Our content for investors through the Website, you will be redirected to an Intrado-hosted website: ir.madrigalpharma.com
We may share Personal Information with other third-party companies that we work with, in the manners and for the purposes described in this Policy. We cannot guarantee that the third parties We work with will honor their privacy commitments or any advertising preferences you have selected, but We strive to work with third parties that do. Additionally, while We strive to offer you choices when you use the Website, We do not promise that we will be able to receive, or honor any “Do Not Track” or similar signals or instructions that may be provided at your direction.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including Personal Information:
- To provide you with information regarding Madrigal’s products, services, and other information, and to improve the experience for visitors the Website, to maintain proper business functions, and to engage with you and others.
- To respond to you, such as when you complete a form on the Website.
- To personalize your experience with Us, including to present the Website and its contents to you, remember your interests and preferences, and customize your experience.
- For analytics, to understand how you use the Website, track certain activity on and off the Website, including by identifying the different websites you visit to understand how you search, and to determine the methods and devices used to access the Website and improve the Website.
- For our business purposes, such as operating and improving upon Our business, maintaining Our programs, contacts, and records, determining your satisfaction with Our Website, detecting, and preventing fraud or misuse of Our Website and related services, and for any other legitimate business purpose.
- For legal and safety purposes, such as defending or protecting Us, Our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings, protecting or enforcing Our rights, protecting Our security and the security of Our customers, employees, and property, responding to legal process, or addressing legal and regulatory compliance.
- To fulfill any other lawful purpose for which you provide your information.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services We offer or provide though it.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, that does not identify any individual or household, without restriction, for any lawful purposes.
- To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To respond to specific inquiries from individuals who visit Our Website, voluntarily provide Us with Personal Information, and request a response from Us.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep confidential and use Personal Information only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, such as to store or host Website content or to optimize the content, design, and function of the Website.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, liquidation, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Madrigal’s assets.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you expressly provide Personal Information.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide Personal Information.
- With your express consent.
- For any other lawful purpose.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, or to assist with the same, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Madrigal and/or its affiliates, employees, Our customers, or others.
Under no circumstances does Madrigal sell your Personal Information or share it or any portion thereof with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
We have implemented appropriate measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, exfiltration, and disclosure, including through secure cloud storage of your Personal Information with third-party information technology vendors.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We reasonably strive to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information transmitted to the Website or transmitted between you and Us via electronic mail. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
The Website may provide hyperlinks to other websites as a service or convenience to you. We do not endorse, control, or have any responsibility for the content or security of any third-party websites. And We have no control over any information any third-party websites may collect from or about you. This Policy does not apply to any third-party websites. Third-party websites may have their own privacy policies which we strongly encourage you to review before providing any of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding Our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit www.madrigalpharma.com/ca-compliance/.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A allows Nevada residents to submit a request to opt-out of the sale of their data. Nevada residents can make such a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include the words “Nevada Sales Opt-Out Request” in the subject line of your email.
Please note, however, We do not currently sell data triggering the statute’s opt-out requirements.
We will post any changes We make to this Policy on this page, so please check back periodically for updates. If We make a material change to this Policy, We will notify you. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions about this.
Persons Under the Age of 18
The Website is not intended for use by people under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 18.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact Us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our toll-free number : 888-210-2064